Translate

Monday, June 6, 2011

What Does God Feel About Divorce?

Genesis 2:22-2:23 The Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of man and he brought her to man. 23 The man said, "This is now bone of my flesh, she shall be called woman, for she was taken out of man. This is a verse in the Bible that , I think every man or woman should read. They should read it often and realize how important this moment really is, because it sets the stage on how God feels about his two greatest creations man and woman.God first made Adam and then later from Adam's rib created Eve.Not long after they became the first couple, then followed by that they were married.From that point on God never intended on man or woman being alone.  In verse 18 chapter 2  The Lord God said, " It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. The reason I think this is so important is because man and woman do not know their true roles as man and wife. The man is the head and the woman should be his help mate. What this really means is where the man is weak, the woman should be strong and the same goes for the man.  Being there for your man or woman, is sort of a commandment from God. In the beginning when Adam was on the Earth by himself God made a suitable helper for him. That is what men should seek and that is what God wants for him.

As men we always look at a woman's appearance or physical body as a way of finding our mate. Women sometimes do the same, but many have been accused of looking for a man to take care of them or for one who makes a lot of money and one that posses a lot of material things. What we all should seek before getting in a relationship is a suitable helper or helpmate. Which means someone we can live or be with for a rest of our lives or a lifetime. For in the Bible Gods own words, says that man and wife to be together for long as they both shall live. (Romans 7:2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage.) This is bible law, from God himself and is a good reason why we should be careful when we are seeking a mate. God hates divorce and he wants us to come to him, in prayer when we have problems or troubles in our marriages. People that are married or in relationship these days are so afraid of struggling and want things to be perfect in their relationships. If you find yourself in this situation ask yourself this question," Do you think Adam or Eve had it easy when they were banish from the Garden of Eden? Don't you think that they wanted to give up or quit? I want you to know, that they didn't have it easy and they didn't give up. They had to fend for themselves after many of years outside of the Garden of Eden and also had to witness the very first murder (their son Cain killing their other son Able).Then both had to be father and mother to many children that eventually populated the world. They had it hard, but they stayed together and made it through it all, until God took them both away to Heaven. Before you consider getting into a marriage or a relationship, make sure that your future mate is a suitable helper and has God as the head of their house. Appearance's, looks or material things are important in some ways, but what really counts is what's in a persons heart. God takes marriage very seriously and is not pleased when people look for an easy way out or when they seek a divorce. How does God really feel about divorce? He hates it!
Have a blessed night!
Charles
Hebrews 13:04 Marriage should be honored by all and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all sexually  immoral.
Malachi 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, said that he hates putting away: for one covers violence with his garment, said the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that you deal not treacherously.


1 comment:

  1. This question I asked myself after years of problems in the marriage and at the point of being separated. I can now look back and see my part in this failed marriage. I did take my marriage vows seriously and only wanted one marriage. I was in love with the idea of someone only loving me after heartbreak in two relationships that was lies. I was not looking for a husband when he came along. I do clearly remember myself telling a friend that if the marriage didn't work I could always get divorced. Those words came back and bit me. We both had our parts of the failures. Now looking back at my life there was no marriage. It was two people who did not have God first in their lives, did not pray together, did not seek God first. We were good people but we both were lost. We did not communicate and kept things to ourselves. When God is not first and the center of your life no relationship or marriage will make it. Out of worrying about what others would say about us divorcing, shame and pride we stayed together and lived as "room dogs". He began speaking negatively about marriage and his words came back and bit him. After year five it was a roller coaster ride. Materialistic things, friends, hanging out with others, putting everyone else's needs first, disrespect at home and in public, verbal abuse, its all about me and what I want was the new marriage. Never once was their mention of putting God first, counseling, time to repent and regroup, apology, or a true conversation of listening with understanding. Talking became "I can't do anything right" or "its always my fault". I was becoming stressed all the time and it began to medically affect me. I began to pray, ask for forgiveness for my part and for God to remove all negative people and situations out of my life. After leaving and having a truthful conversation with my husband we both agreed it was time to move on. I since have found peace. I have God first in my life. I have started over in life awaiting on God to guide and lead me. I prayed and still pray asking God for his grace, mercy and forgiveness. God knows my heart, my purpose and His time for my blessings from Him. I put my trust and faith in God. He is always with me. I thank him for the good and the bad times in my life. He is making me a better person.

    ReplyDelete