Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mind, Body And Soul

As I write this I often think about a couple of  old sayings and different quotes from the Bible. One of the old sayings that I still hear today and it also reflects a verse in the Bible is," If you don't use it you will loose it" and the Bible version is ,( 1 Corinthians 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? ).When I think about these two sayings , I come to the conclusion that they are not very different from each other and both have the same meaning. In the Bible when it says , Your body is your temple ,one can come to many conclusions to what this verse really means. When I think about it , I find myself thinking about my many conversations with my mother. She would say to me, be careful what you put in your body, because when you get older what you may eat  will effect you in the future.Then she would say after all you are what you eat. She was very strict when it came to feeding me and both of my brothers or three sisters. She made sure we ate three times a day and also made sure we did not eat or drink anything that she felt was unhealthy. She would always remind us as children to never take drugs or never to over consume any alcohol. She reminded us that God only gave us one body and we should do our best to take care of it all through our lives. She taught or  preached on how very important it was to get exercise and I think that is why she made sure when we were away from school, that we were always outside. She made sure all of her children were very active and always made sure we all kept an open mind. As I think about the old days I am very glad that my mother prepared me for my future and help shape me into the man I am today. What makes me smile is when I think about our special moments together as a family. But most of all I really enjoyed both my mothers and fathers wisdom. My father would say, take care of your body now, because you will not always be young. Then he would go on to say always learn new things and open yourself up to things that you do not know about . He would go on to say never be afraid to try something new. But what was my favorite is when he would say save your soul, because after you are done in this world , then you will have to face the judgment of the one who created you (Our Father in Heaven). He would say son God loves you so much that he sacrificed his only son for you to have a second chance at life. So fear God, never trust man and never loose faith, always excise your faith.

That used to puzzle me, so much that I had to ask my father what did he mean by exercising your faith. Then he would look at me and say to live longer you always have to make sure you eat right, exercise daily. As for as your mind as long as you keep learning and never think you know it all, your mind will always continue to grow. But what really shapes a man or woman and what keeps all of us alive is their faith. He would say sometimes you just have to believe it to be possible, before its actually possible.What all men or women should hold on to, is that God will provide for us even when times are hard and God doesn't stop blessing us even when we sin. We just have to trust him and never loose faith. If we want or need something we have to speak it or think it before we actually receive it. We have to convince ourselves that its already ours , before it can become ours. Just like the Bible says, we have not because we ask not. If our minds are open and our body's are free, then the soul will always be free to receive God blessings. Take care of your body, because God only blesses you with one, always open your mind to learn new things, therefore become wise , then live your life the way God intended on you living and your soul will live on forever.With your mind you will learn new things and if you do right with your body, then your soul will be forever blessed in Heaven forever. Mind, Body and Soul
Be blessed,
Charles

Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ

1 comment:

  1. Charles,
    I enjoyed reading this blog, mind, body, and soul. The words were very inspirational and makes perfect sense. Your father was a very wise man, I must agree that he shaped you into the Godly man you are today. You know that saying: To whom much is given much is required, these words express exactly what God wants from each of us. Just as you were taught about faith, this is exactly what it takes to live and lead a healthy and productive life "faith." If you give into faith, you will receive whatever you ask and believe, but then you have to exercise your faith, which is work and giving back. Which is required by the word and laws of God. Thanks for sharing, have a bless day.

    ReplyDelete