Translate

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day!



When I think about this holiday, because I happen to be a father and grandfather myself, I can only think about how big of a responsibility it is to be a father. Being a single parent I had to raise my own son for over six years and even though I did my best I couldn't compare to the best father I know. No it wasn't the man that raised me, even though he did a wonderful job raising me, teaching me how to be a man and providing me with the necessary skills to survive, but when I think about this father he happens to be  the greatest example of being a father ever was. Who is this you may ask? He has been called many names and some have called him ,The Most High, others have called him Our Father in Heaven, then there are some that call him Jehovah, then the bible describes him simply as the Alpha and The Omega ,the beginning and the end. Our God has been and even today, been called many things ,I just call him simply, my Father, my Creator or my everything. Why? Because to me there is no better example than being a father than him. Only God has the strength , the courage or the wisdom to sacrifice his only son (Jesus) for the sins of man.(John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.) When I think about how good God has been to me and others. All I can do is think about the worldly fathers and I find myself asking myself this question." Does any man, including myself measure up to God?" After thinking about this question its very easy to determine that none have or ever will come close to being as great of a Father, as our Father God. For our Fathers love is unconditional and he loves all of his children equally despite ourselves or our actions.

 For those who may question Gods love for themselves I offer you these questions as proof of Gods, unconditional love and why on this holiday created by man, that on Fathers Day he is the one we all should be honoring or praising. Who in this world has always been there for you, through thick or thin, for better or worse? Who can you turn to when the whole world has turned their backs or been against  you? Who provides for you, through the good or the bad? Who do you go to, when you need a blessing or an answer to a prayer? Who will forgive you for almost all of your sins? Who can change your bad day into a great day? Who can you always count on in your time of need? Who will never forsake you or leave you? Who will a  make a new way out of nothing or make the impossible, possible? Who is the greatest Father known to man or of all time? The only answer I can come up with is God, our Father in Heaven. Through the good or bad he has and will always be there.Only God has the love, power or wisdom to help, provide or care for those in need. There is no Earthy father or mother that can compare to him and through his grace or mercy, we all will be blessed on Father's Days or beyond. On this day and all days' Happy Fathers Day, our Father in Heaven!!!
Have a wonderful Father's Day,
Charles
2 Chronicles 14:11 And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.
Psalm 79:9 Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake.
Psalm 36:7 How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 40:17 Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

Psalm 71:15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.

Psalm 71:17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.


Psalm 73:28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment