Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In Your Own Skin

When I was younger and growing up, I was one of one of those people that thought I had it all figured out. I already knew what type of profession I would have, the kind of home or neighborhood I would live in and I also knew how many children I would have. The advice that both my parents gave to me at that time meant nothing, because even at the ripe age of 16, I thought I knew it all.One day I brought a girl I fell in love with and told my mother that I was thinking about getting married. Then my mother looked at me with a smile and say son you are only 16 years old and you both are not ready for marriage.Then she would go on to say, that you both do not even know who you are and until you learn about yourself there is no way you can learn or commit yourself to someone else. She would say, Chuck  first you have to figure out who you are and what type of man you will be before you make major decisions in your life. She would go on to say, see the world, enjoy life, have fun and explore. Learn about what makes you happy and also learn what it really means to be a man. Take time before you consider being married and make sure you have enjoyed all of Gods good creations. It other words son before you consider getting married you have to be comfortable in your own skin.

 As a young man that thought he knew it all I ignored that good advice and lived my life the way I thought it should be lived. I became a parent at an early age, then latter on got married, and four years after that I got divorced. I have made many mistakes in my lifetime. But one of my biggest mistakes was not learning about myself and truly finding out who I was. I was never comfortable in my own skin and I was not sure of myself. I  now laugh sometimes at myself past, because I would always hear some wise woman say these famous words when I made a mistake. She would say, “Boy you need Jesus! Lord I do not know what’s becoming of these young men, they are just lost and they really need to find themselves“. Boy she was right! I did not know who I was , nor did I know my true purpose. But when I found Jesus, my life began to change and the things that I was so unsure of became clear. I now have a new direction and I allowed Jesus to shape, help or make my decisions. Then doors began to open and our Father in Heaven  provide me with new opportunities. Even when it comes to choosing a mate or someone I may want to date, I make sure that I get a sign from God before I make those major decisions. Now that I have found Jesus I am very confident, sure of myself and I also know what I want or who I want to become.With the wisdom and faith, I let our Lord and Savoir Guide me. I only wish that I would have listen to my very wise parents when I was younger. But as the old saying says," Experience is a very good teacher".You live and you learn. Some of us learn the easy way and  while others live the hard way. That is why I am writing this blog now, just to tell people before you venture out in the outside world, you have to first, be comfortable in your own skin. May God bless those who may read this in Jesus name.
Have a blessed night,
Charles

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment