Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Two Sides Of A Story




There is an old saying I used to hear and say when I was a child, " You are all in my cool aid and do not know the flavor or the taste, so please stay out of my business! As I think about this statement or saying, it makes me laugh. Because it reminds me of my mother saying to me , "That you children sometimes say the craziest things". But as I really think about that saying, I see that statement holds some truth. Because people in the past and even in today's time are always in your business.Its funny to me how someone who does not even know you or your situation now become experts on how you should live your life. But like an old preacher has said in the past," If you have not been in my shoes or traveled the roads that  I have been on, then there is no way you will know where I am going. That is why when I write or give advice, I give it from past experience or I reference the Bible. Because to me there is no better advice than the word of God. For those who may question this, take this in mind. God is the creator of all things. He knows your beginning's and he also knows your endings. So who better to take advice from than God?
Even as a father or a brother, I try to stay my distance from giving both my children or family members advice. Especially if there is a confrontation between their spouse with my brothers or sisters. I learned real early not to get involved in their business. Why you may ask? Well my mother has a famous saying, 'There is two sides to a story or her other saying,"It takes two to tangle". She would say to me, Son you do not know whats going on behind closed doors, so take my advice and stay out of it. But as a young adult I always wanted to protect my sisters and even though I knew my sisters were not perfect I always stood up for them. I remember this like it was yesterday,my sister and her boyfriend at the time got into this big fight. She called me one night very late and said "Charles my boyfriend is hurting me". Just like any big brother would do, I jumped in my car and rush over to her apartment, trying to be the hero to save my sister from harm. When I got there I had fire in my eyes and I was ready to fight. Then her boyfriend looked at me with fear in his eyes and said, "Man you really do not know whats going on and you really do not know your sister". I thought about it for a brief second, because I remember what my mother told me, but then I ignored her advice, then forced him to leave. Only latter to find out that my sister went back to her boyfriend and also to find out that she was the one that really started the argument in the first place. I was so mad at my sister for getting me involved with her problems that I confronted her, then she said,"You are all in my cool aid and do not know the flavor or the taste, so stay out of my business". When she said this to me I smile and said Wow! Then I laughed. Then my sister asked me why did I laugh? I then said to her, that our mother told me not to get involved with your problems and I didn't listen. But now I know better, so next time you solve your own problems. The moral to this story is if you can not offer positive advice from what you have experienced before, then keep it too yourself. Sometimes its best to sit on the side lines and let your children family members or friends, experience life for themselves. If they happen to fall or fail, then step right on in and help them like a good parent, proud family member or friend  should. The next you try to get involved in someone's business or something that doesn't concern you, always remember that there is always, two side of a story.
Be blessed,
Charles
John 14:16,17  "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; • that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this blog very informative and truthful. Thanks for the eye opener,keep on writing and sharing your inspirational wisdom it's greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete