Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not Renting Any More




Sometimes when we are blessed with advice or with a blessing, we never know where it may come from. That's is only part of the reasons why God our Father in Heaven is so amazing, when you least expect it a blessing come right to you at your door steps.Yesterday, I heard something that really blessed me it came from someone I consider very wise. What she said to me blessed my soul, shocked me and amazed me. This reminds me of something I once heard an old Pastor say, when you seek knowledge or wisdom all you have to do is listen to one of Gods ,old Saints or Angels. Praise God for his everyday blessings and especially for his wisdom. Now back to this very wise woman, she said over her 40 years of marriage, she has had both good times and bad times. Through out her marriage she had to over come many obstacles. Both her and her husband had to go through many storms, trails and tribulations. She looked at me and said,” Charles there has been many days, when I thought about throwing in the towel and just giving up“. But I had to come back to my senses and realize that I am not renting anymore. I looked at her with a very puzzled look in my eyes and before I could ask her what she meant. Then she quickly explained; over the years I have rented many apartments, condo’s and houses, but they were never really mine. She would say I could hang up all the pictures, paint, the walls and even fix it up to feel like home, but in the end I could never claim those places as mine. It was not; until I bought my house that I truly owned anything. Until that day, I did not know what ownership meant. She went on to say, the same things applies to man or a woman. You could date many, but until you marry them they are never yours and you are always renting them until you marry them. So when I married my husband, I realized that I was not renting anymore. He was mine and I could love, then claim him as, mine for as long as I see fit. I could fix him up, buy clothes for him, make love to him without guilt and enjoy him with all the freedoms that a Godly relationship would allow. For this is the person I married and though there will be many ups and downs. I can always say that he is mine and I can also say that I am not renting anymore.


I looked up and said to her, you are very wise and through out your years of devotion and faith, God has blessed you with wisdom. For you taught me a valuable lesson that I will surely pass on. For even the word says,” Its better to marry than to burn and also that God blesses those who marry. The word also says when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing. To those who are dating and are afraid of marriage. Know this marriage is a beautiful thing and it’s a blessing from God. Yes, there will be many days when you may want to give up and throw in the towel. There also will be days when your spouse will test your patience. But if you have trust and faith in God your marriage can over come all obstacles and your marriage will be blessed. So before you think about the possibilities of a separation or divorce, think about this. You are not dating anymore, you are not renting a man or a woman and you married this person for life. Both you and your spouse belong to each other, joined together by God. Also as married people, you should know that nothing is life is perfect and that you both will make mistakes. Instead of harping or magnifying the wrongs, you both instead should think about what is right with the marriage. My mother had a saying that has stuck with me through out all the years of my life. She would say, “Son put both of your hands out to your side and act like a scale. In one hand put all the bad in the other hand put all the right. If the good out weighs the bad, then you know things must be going right, but if the bad out weighs the good then you know things are not going right and its time to change it. Sometimes even if things are going all bad one should never give up, because just when you are about to quit is just when God is about to bless you and make things right .In the beginning you may have dated or fooled around, when you get married, that will be the time you both should realize that you are in it for the long haul and Not Renting Anymore.
Have a blessed night,
Charles
1 Corinthians 1:30
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
Colossians 2:3
in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.






No comments:

Post a Comment