Translate

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Path Of No Return



As a child I used to despise my parents because I thought that they were to strict and I also thought at the time that they were too hard on me and my brothers or sisters. My father was a man that loved the military and he raise his family, just like a drill sergeant would preside over his troops. My mother was a college professor that believed without an education , there would be no way you could make it in the world. They both worked very hard to provide for six children(three boys and three girls) In those days things were hard, because my father used to work 12 hours a day and my mother also worked the same amount of hours, while trying to raised and educate her six children. Both my mother and father were a team , they hardly ever argued or disagreed when it came to discipline the children. My parents were not the loving type of people that hugged their children(Even though they sometimes told us they loved us) or showed any type of affection. They had certain rules that they expected the children to follow and if we broke the rules then we were punished for our mistakes. My father used to always say to me, son you would rather me beat on you or discipline you ,then the people on the outside world. He would say Chuck, you may think you have it hard here, because of my rules, but in the outside world what I call rules are laws. If you happen to break the law you will be punish far more severely than I could ever punish you. I am trying to prepare you, your brothers and sisters for the outside world, because its hard out there. If you get yourself in some trouble, break the law, then there may be a time that there is nothing your mother and I can do to help you. That is what I call The Path Of No Return, its a place where if you are not careful, only God can deliver you from it.

 My brothers and sisters are now all adults. My father and mother did a wonderful job raising six children getting all of us through high school and most of us through college. We are all very responsible adults and never been to jail, thanks to them. Its a credit to them, to be able to raise children , then teach them very important values and also about God. If we happen to fail, it was not because of their effort or their love. I will always remember my father saying this statement to me, whenever I thought about giving up or even when I doubted myself. Son you are a Holmes and there are no quitters or failures in this family. So suck it up and act like a man. That help shape me and mold me into the man I am today. It also has helped me deal with outside pressures , that are always available in the world today. I have learned that if you do not follow the rules or break the law then you will be punished severely for it.

 You may ask, well if you never broke the law how would you know about being punished for a crime? Well my mother had a very famous saying. She would say God does not lead his people blind,even those who are blind have some of the senses that God has blessed us all with. I ask my mother what did she mean by this statement. Then she went on to say, that is why there are examples of what you should do and what you shouldn't do. If you read the paper or look at the news then you will see that's  there are plenty examples on doing the wrong thing. You will also realize that even some of us at the top of the mountain are capable of falling to the bottom of the mountain. Even those that are both rich and famous,can reach a point in there lives, where they can not recover. When most people get themselves in trouble, they tend to not care,because they feel that they are untouchable or feel that the law does not apply to them. These people do not fear or know God, because if they did they would know that he is watching them. I have often heard people who commit crimes or commit adultery say these words,"Well I have not been caught yet".I would say to myself, "yes you said the key word yet! Because vengeance is God and he sees you when others do not".A word of advice, do not wait until you go to prison or wait until you ruin your life or relationship before you find God. Get to learn and build a relationship with him now, because if you do, he will make your path ways straight and you will always be blessed. Never take The Path Of No Return.
Have a blessed night,
Charles
Luke 14:11
For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
Luke 18:14
"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up



No comments:

Post a Comment