Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Time Flies

Have you ever had one of those nights that have you constantly thinking? You know one of those nights when you toss or turn and no matter where you turn or position yourself in bed that you can't seem to get comfortable? For me its because things are constantly running through my mind. I hate those nights because I can't hardly get any sleep and if you saw me in the morning you would say," Man that dude looks really ruff in the morning ". (smile) So I get up, then get dressed for another day of work. I look into the mirror and say to myself, Wow, another day or year is gone. Its funny how fast time goes, one day you are sixteen at home with your parents. Then the next day you are forty- seven, your kids are now grown and they are out on their own. When I think about today or  years past, I can't help but think about the people I grew up with loving and admiring. You know your parents, grandparents, celebrities', teachers, some family or friends? Now they are all gone and life is seem so strange without out them. But as you know time or life does go on and we all have to learn to live without them. But I can't help but wonder how funny or fast time flies.
So I get in my car, then drive to work looking around and noticing how much things have changed in the world around us. Where there used to be woods, there are now houses, roads and bridges. I think to myself and say, "Wow I used to play in those woods and now they are all gone". Even the people have changed, the children are now more disrespectful and the parents don't seem to care. Families don't love their children like they used to. Back when I grew up  everyone looked out for each other and every Sunday we spent our time in church, then latter at grandmothers house. Life was so simple then, people cared, they loved and they worshiped God.
 Now in todays time , the price of gas or food has gone up so much, one has to wonder how high can they go and if so how can one afford them. The cars we drive, the clothes we wear, the music we listen too, the way we talk and even the phones we talk on has changed so much over the years. It makes me wonder has any of these improvements has  helped or hurt us , because people in todays time are so money hungry or materialistic. Time is constantly moving, people are getting older, young people are dying faster and it seems in today's world no one seems to cares who lives or dies.
I can't help but miss yesterday, because back then time was simple and now in today's time the world is so complicated. Back then people loved each other, young people had someone that they could look up too and people back then didn't care so much about money or materiel things. They just enjoyed life and loved each other, looking forward toward another day. Sometimes when I wake up I dread tomorrow, because what I see today disturbs me. In today's time there seem to be more hate, even though I grew up in a time when people hated you just because of your color or race. I wonder too myself what happen to the good old days, where families got together and ate or fellow shipped with each other on Sundays? Now today people only get together to watch their favorite football teams and on the very next day they hate or talk about each other .What happen to the good old days when time was so simple? Now another day, month or year is gone, its just funny how fast life or time flies.
Have a great day,
Charles

James 5:8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.

1 Peter 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

1 John 2:18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many Antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.








No comments:

Post a Comment