Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Prayer Warrior



When I first became saved I never understood when I heard the term or statement Prayer Warrior. When I used to hear this term it was always in church and it was said by the elders, deacon or deaconess of the church. I fondly remember my Pastor saying or expressing to me that prayer changes things . It wasn't until I was down on my luck, needing the Lord for myself, that I truly believed and realized latter that prayer does change things or circumstances. It also has the ability to change circumstances in each of our lives.I remember going through a divorce, raising a son on my own, in a bad economy without the help of family or friends. During that time I happened to have lost a good paying job and was drawing unemployment. It seemed at that time that the whole world was against me and I had no where to turn for help or comfort. I remember hearing my Pastor preach one Sunday and the subject of his sermon was, "In your time of need turn to Jesus, for only he has the power to answer your prayers". My pastor would shout ," If you don't believe that God is the answer, try him and prove him worthy". That's when I got on my knees and began to pray. I asked God to help me, because I knew in my heart that he was the only one who could. Every where I could I began to pray, then very soon after God began to answer some of my prayers. I remember getting a job after two months of searching hard, it was a relief, but it was in another state. So now I have a job that I had to drive two hour too, raise my son while he was in school and I had to make sure I got home safe, because I had a son that counted on me.

So I would pray in the morning , I would pray on my way to work during my drive and I would pray in public restaurants. Every trial or tribulation I faced along the way, God answered my prayers with blessing and I became a man that prayed daily, sometimes four or five times a day. I never let the outside world know what I was going through and always kept a smile on my face. I cried in private , shed my tears in front of the Lord and not in front of man. Why? Well because I didn't want pity all I wanted was to be loved and respected. Its sad to say when you are going through some hard times in your life, some of your friends or family abandon you. Even the woman that I was involved with at that time didn't support me and doubted that I could over come my troubles. She attacked me, said mean and terrible things, that hurt me. I decided to keep my troubles or feelings to myself and to give it all too the Lord. After all I couldn't let my son , know how bad I was hurting or the terrible shape I was in financially. I knew I had to get myself together or I could loose it all. My son meant the world to me and I had to be strong not only for myself , but also for him. I was determined not to fail, so I prayed like a warrior, never giving the devil or the world an inch to hurt me. Each day, I would have set backs and other days I would have little victories or blessings. I praised God for both, because each taught me valuable lesions that will be with me for a lifetime.What lessons you may ask? Its simple, it taught me what not to do when I failed and what to do when I succeeded. Each day I grew stronger or more determined with every failure and wise with every success or blessing. I learned more about myself while going through those hard times , then I every could have been successful. Going through the hard times, having the world turn against me in my time of need taught me a very valuable lesson. When man says no ,its impossible or you are no longer needed, God our Father in Heaven says yes, its possible and I will always be here in your time of need. I learned from my trails, tribulations, troubles and pain that God never forgets about those who love him. From that day forward I became a Prayer Warrior, a man that trust, love and has faith in the Lord. I know through my struggles or pain that prayer does in fact change things and can change a person circumstances.

To those who are blessed enough to read this I want to explain the benefits' of being a Prayer Warrior or one that puts on the armor of Christ. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, said the LORD. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me. Ephesians 6:13 Therefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. If you remember these verses in the Bible then you will be able to over come any obstacle or anything that may come your way. Become a man or woman that prays, become a prayer warrior, for the benefits for out weigh the blessings. Always remember this Jesus is only a prayer away.
Have a blessed night,
Charles
Luke 11-4
1And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2And he said unto them, When you pray, say, Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.
3Give us day by day our daily bread.
4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.


1 comment:

  1. Very touching. I too have experienced many of the same things.

    ReplyDelete