Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Yourself Worth

When I think back on my childhood, I often reflect on the memories that I had as a child. Some of them were very good and others very bad. But through them all I must say, if it wasn't for my two loving parents, my wonderful grandmothers and my very wise grandfather, I wouldn't be the man that I am today.  If I had to pick one thing or one lesson out of everything they taught me or provided for me it would be myself worth. For those who may not understand what I mean by this statement, let me explain. My mother would always remind me of who I was and what she expected me to become. She would say, Charles you are a young boy, that one day will become a great man , but as a man you should never loose confidence, you should always remember who you are and where you came from. She went on to say, never forget the sacrifices made on your behalf's, as for your freedoms or for your sins, because each of them will play a very significant role in your life.
 As a child, that was a lot to take in, because it was hard enough trying to be a boy much less trying to be a man.  My mother always stayed on me, reminding me of our rich history, pushing me to be better or stronger than I were before and would never let me get down on myself even when I failed. She always wanted me to succeed, to always stay confident and to never fear any man or woman. As she would put it, "If God is for you then no man can be against you". She made sure that I knew myself worth and why. Then she would say, Charles if you love anybody else in the world besides God, never to forget to love yourself, because if you don't love yourself, its impossible to love anyone else.
As I grew older I took my mothers words to heart, I began to work out, I made sure I ate properly and did everything I could to make sure I was in good health. But as you know life has a way of changing things or circumstances. Why you ask? If you ever been in a bad relationship or marriage sometimes going through these types of relationships take a lot out of you.Being with someone who doesn't hold your best interest at heart can be painful and can have you doing things that you are not used too.
Its been my personal experience that sometimes when you are in a stressful relationship or working at a job that makes you unhappy, many of people seem to forget , the simple things in life, like taking care of themselves.Why?Because when people are stressed they loose focus and forget about themselves. Many don't take care of themselves as good as the used to, because of what they are going or been through. They  forget as the bible would say, that their body is their temple and they have to maintain it in order to have an healthy life style. That is why I always go back to and never forget what my mother taught me. She would say, while God has blessed you with breath in your body, never forget who you are, never loose faith in God and never forget about yourself worth.
Have a blessed night,
Charles
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?


Psalm 56:9 Then my enemies will turn back when I call for help. By this I will know that God is for me.

Psalm 118:6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment