Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Secrets



One of the amazing things about serving God or being a child of God is that he has a way of showing you some thing's that man can't see or reveal. What are these things you may ask? Well if you happen to have a question about your spouse, mother, father, co-worker or any other question, God will in his time reveal the answer. All you have to do is pray, then ask God to reveal it and in his time what's hidden shall be revealed. He will show you who is for you and who is against you. God will reveal to you your enemies and he will make them your footstools. This past sentence reminds me of something my late grandmother would always say, What's in the dark shall be brought to light. Which means if someone happens to be keeping a secret or if they are  doing something wrong , in Gods time all will be revealed. To further explain this one must read, Job 34:22 There is no dark place, no deep shadow, where evildoers can hide. In this verses it clearly stats  that even in darkness no one can keep a secret from God. Even the most skilled, cheater, liar, thief or criminal can't escape the wrath of God and most are brought to justice before they die. This is Gods way of showing even those who don't believe in him that he is God. That is why I am not bothered when someone tries to keep a secret or even when I have a question that needs to be answered, because all I have to do is leave it in the hands of God.

What I love about God is that he knows when its time to reveal the answer to question or questions that bothers the believer. Many times each of us have questions that can't be answered by man, because most people who do evil or wrong things do their best to keep what they are doing or have done hidden. This past sentence reminds me of something my mother constantly preached when I or my siblings did something wrong or when we attempted to lie to her. She would say, "Children don't lie , steal or cheat and if you happen to get caught then tell the truth". Because if you tell one lie, then you will have to tell another one to cover the first one and besides that its too hard being a liar or a thief. After sometime I grew to understand what my mother meant , because of my own person experience when I attempted to cover up an affair. I remember it just as if it were yesterday, I was a young man at that time with over five girlfriends. I bragged to my friends how good of a player I was, until one day I got caught and was confronted by all five of my girlfriends . I tried to lie my way out of it, but God fixed it in a way that nothing I did or said could have gotten me out of it. That is when I learned a valuable lesson, that its better to tell the truth than a lie. My mother would explain this further by saying, Chuck tell the truth when you get caught or do something wrong and never keep a secret from the ones you love. Why you may ask? Because its those dirty secret or lies that can come back to hunt you or hurt the ones you love . To those who are be blessed enough to read this, if you happen to be  having an affair, keeping a secret or know of someone who is, please take my advice, Stop! Because its better to tell the truth than to keep a secret or too live a lie.
May God bless you always,
Charles

 Psalm 139:12  but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.
Daniel 2:22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him
John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.


3 comments:

  1. I love Secret and I also agree with you, that it'sbesst to tell the truth then to lie because I was always told that what's done in the dark will come to light. I also have a secret that I've been wanting to get off my chest for sometime now because I know what I'm doing is wrong and I want to be honest, what do you suggest I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Anonymous , what a question. I once had a secret, that I hide from my ex-girlfriend . We dated for over two years and later after spending sometime with her, I determined that she wasn't the one for me. I wasn't happy and I was miserable, but instead of telling her the truth I continued the relationship. It was only when we began to argue when the truth came out. To both my relief or surprise she sensed that I wasn't happy and she felt the same about me. We both kept our feelings to ourselves and we lived a lie for two more years. Since then we both parted ways, now she is happily married to her husband and I am now at peace. We are now good friends and we both often talk about the valuable time we wasted together, when we could have went on with our lives. My advice to you or others is to tell the truth and stop wasting time. Because one thing that never changes is that we all with the grace of God are getting older, so why waste it living a lie?

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this message, the concept of the message speaks volumes of words. I personally feel in order to be truthful to someone you have to be truthful about self. Yeah, the old saying does speaks, whatever goes on in the dark will come to the light. This metaphor is the truth, even if the secret is not revealed by someone you may know. The funny thing about it, people will live a lie for a long time until they are caught, some may have remorse and other may not, but God will remove the blinders. Prayer is a very powerful substance, faith will give you the strength to overcome those molehills. Lies and secrets will never increase you, they will only decrease you in time.

    ReplyDelete