Translate

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Just Because


As children each of us find ourselves doing things that we know that we shouldn't be doing or do things that we know that are wrong. I was raised by parents that were very strict and I thank God for them, because without their rearing I wouldn't be the law abiding citizen I am today. One morning my mother caught me doing something wrong and then she asked me why did I do what I did. I then answered by saying, Well my friend did it and his mother didn't punish him for it. Then she looked at me angrily and then said, Just because someone else does it doesn't make it right. If your friend set himself on fire, would you copy him? I put my head down and said No Momma. Then she went on to say, Chuck you know better and I raised you better than that! When I think about those moments as a child, all I could think about then was how hard or mean my parents were and when I was bold enough to ask them why. Then they would answer me by saying we are hard on you because we love you and we want nothing but the best for you. Also just because you happen to be our oldest son and we can't have our oldest son following the rest of the world. We raised you to be a leader of men and not someone who follows someone who sins or one that does wrong.

What I find that is happening a lot in today's time, that there are more followers than leaders. Why would I make such a statement? Because now people justify their behavior because of what someone else is doing or for what they may think is acceptable behavior. I have heard many say, well everyone else is doing it or they may even feel just because Gods son Jesus died on the cross for our sins, that what they do may not be punished.(Isaiah 66:4 so I also will choose harsh treatment for them and will bring upon them what they dread. For when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, no one listened. They did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me.") What they don't realize is that just because God so loved the world, that he sacrificed his only son Jesus, so that we would have a chance at every lasting life and that we might live in Heaven forever. Also by God allowing this great sacrifice even those who have committed evil in their past can be forgiven for their sins. All that is required is to turn away from their evil ways and God will have mercy on their soul.(Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.) Why would God pardon a sinner? Just because he is just like my parents he loves us, but more than that he is our creator,our provider, our Father and our God that will always love us all forever. Just because.
Have a great weekend,
Charles
Romans 14:6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

1 Corinthians 10:26 for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

1 comment:

  1. Charles, great words of inspiration, I pray those who may read this blog be blessed and take into account that whatever you do, you will be held accountable for your own deeds. God is a forgiving God, but he wants us(His Children) to set an example to draw those who are lost closer to Him. Whatever he has done in our lives, He will do the same for those who accept Him with a willing heart. Be Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete