Translate

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Putting Self On The Side


Most of the time, people of the world  seem to think only of themselves. Living in a world where there are so many single or independent people most tend to think of only what is best for them and not for others. What most of those people don't  realize that if they have a family, children or a spouse, that sometimes thinking selfishly can hurt the people they love. What do I mean by this? Sometimes some people let what happened to them in their past effect their future. Many of us allow our past hurts or pains effect our thought process and our way of living.  That  might serve our own purpose by protecting ourselves , but in the end it ends up hurting the people we love especially our children.  My mother used to always say to me or my other siblings that sometimes she had to put her own desires ,wants or needs , to the side in order too  keep our family together. Now that I am living on my own raising my son alone, I now see what she meant.
 I know my mother had to do a lot of sacrificing raising a family of six. She had to put herself on the side so that her family and her husband needs were met. I  now realize as a man, that what my child may need or want  may sometime comes before my needs. Even if I am not happy with my family members or his mother I have to put my feelings on the shelf and do whats best for him.
To anyone who reads this, understand this, life is only a test. Its a test of your faith, it will test you as a parent, it will also test you as a man or a woman, it will test you as a Christan, it will test you as a friend and it also test you as a husband or wife. To be good at any of these things you have to be a very unselfish and a very forgiving person. You have to not only love yourself, but you have to love your family, spouse, church and friends more. You have to sometimes put your own desires on the side,  in order to keep what you have. Yes, doing this is very hard and it comes with great sacrifice, but its nothing compared to what Jesus Christ had to do when he sacrificed himself on the cross for our sins. Real men or real woman, do what right or whats necessary  and not whats popular. Real men or real woman take care of home first and  then themselves latter. Real men or real women work hard to save their marriages, families and friendship's. They don't go out into the streets seeking pleasure, they instead try to work things out with their spouses or mates . People who do whats right and whats pleasing to God, many times have to put their own feelings, desires or wants on the side, in order to do whats best for their families. Doing the right thing is not easy and neither is going to Heaven. Sometimes we have separate ourselves from the world and do whats pleasing to God.  If you are having a hard time with your children, family member, friend or spouse, try putting your feelings to the side.Then stop thinking or reacting, then pray tell God that you need him and allow him to change your life for the better .
Have a blessed day,
Charles
Philemon 1:7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment