Translate

Friday, June 8, 2012

Saturday




Its Saturday morning  I have survived Friday and  I feel blessed to be alive. Why you may ask? Because so many people around the world have died on Friday and wasn't blessed enough to make it to Saturday. Even though the weekends are fun or enjoyable many of us take for granted that weekends are sometimes very dangerous. Storms come out from no where and evil for some reason is out in full force on the weekends. That is why every weekend when I am out, I always say a special prayer not only for myself, but also for others that are out enjoying their weekends or vacations. Because many them are not blessed or fortunate enough to see another Saturday or any other day after that. What I have grown to realize that ,even though there is a lot going on in the world, one must never forget to enjoy life to the fullest and enjoy this beautiful world that our Father in Heaven, has created. I have been taught by my parents and by my study of the Bible, that one shouldn't live in fear of today or tomorrow. For everyday of life is precious and should be lived to the fullest without expectations of tomorrow. I know some may wonder why I would say, without expectations of tomorrow. To those who may question what I just wrote I would say, that life itself is not promised to any of us and no one knows the day or hour when we or our love ones will leave this green Earth.

That is why every weekend  I make it a point to find somewhere to go or find something new to do. I have heard many people complain about their lives and say ,"That they are not happy with it. To those people I could only say, "It is your life and even if are unaware know this, you do have some control over it.Only you can make the necessary changes to make it better, exciting or worth while. Like my mother would always say", "Make the best or most of what you have today, because its pointless to complain about what you don't have tomorrow. In other words you may not be rich with money, but you could be rich in spirit and still be happier than those who are. How you may ask? By making ,God our Father in Heaven the head of your life! Also by praying daily and by waking up everyday thanking God! Everyday is a blessing, enjoy it while there is still life in your body! After all its Saturday, a joy to be alive and its part of the weekend. Get out enjoy it with your spouse, family or friends and if they aren't around ,then do something fun all by yourself. I have found that even when I am out by myself, that I never feel alone. Why? Because I now have peace and the joy of having God as a major part of my life. It's Saturday morning, the weekend, the beaches are waiting, movies are waiting to be watched, bands are ready for you to listen to, new restaurant's are ready for you to try, the mountains are ready to be climbed, the rivers, lakes, ponds or oceans are waiting for you to swim or fish in them and the whole world is yours, just waiting for you to explore. Have an awesome amazing and blessed Saturday! In Jesus name! Amen!!
Have a great weekend,
Charles

Acts 11:24 He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.
Judges 19:6 So the two of them sat down to eat and drink together. Afterward the girl's father said, "Please stay tonight and enjoy yourself."
1 Corinthians 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cepheus, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

1 comment:

  1. Charles, I agree with you.We only have one life to live and we should live it to the fullest. You don't need alot of money to do the simplest things and alotof fun. Many people watch the lives of others and think that's the only way to enjoy life, so they live a life of depression and covetousness. There's one thing I need to experience that you mentioned is doing things by myself. I don't do many things by myself, probably going to the movies or getting a pedicure. I get a joy in sharing experiences with others. I have a cousin who vacations by herself and she really enjoys it and another cousin who would go to a Saints game by herself, but in the times we live in you have to use wisdom also while enjoying our lives. Be blessed - Lynette

    ReplyDelete