Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Do's And The Don'ts

When I was child God blessed me with two very loving parents, grandparents on both sides of the family and some very good teachers while I was in high school or college. But as you know there is a time where a man will have to learn how to be a man and learn how do somethings on his own. Which means I had to learn what to do in certain situations and what not to do. As I think about what I just wrote, I can only smile, because sometimes even some of us grown folks do some really stupid things, that can either get us killed , put in jail or cause us to loose everything. But as you know some of us never learn and keep making the same old mistakes over and over again. Like the bible says, A wise man changes, but a fool remains the same.
When I think about the do's and the don'ts , its really just common sense things that many of us should learn as adults. Like respecting people for who they are, obey the rules or the laws and never to do silly things that can get themselves killed, like driving on the wrong side of town. For those who don't understand what I mean by this statement, well in every country, state, town or city, there is a bad area where people live in. Where I come from, these places are called the hood, slums or trailer parks. When I became an adult I had to learn these things for myself, because sometimes our parents or teachers only teach us lessons that are only valuable in a classroom, but when we get in the out side world, as adults our lessons we learn are for survival.We have to learn how to deal with other adults or people from different nationalities or race, some of them very nice and others not. Its just a fact of life that there is both evil or good in the world and one has to be season to know the difference.
Which brings me to the do's and the don'ts, when it comes to a relationship.The reason I wrote this is because one day I noticed a couple arguing out in public. What was disturbing to me was the insults thrown at each other and the manner they displayed themselves out in the open. It made me realize why there are so many divorces and so many single people.The reasons I have found is that none of the people that I have encountered, understand that there are certain things you do while in a relationship or a marriage and there are certain things you don't. I was always taught that once a man or a woman gets involved in a relationship or a marriage, there are certain part of their lives that they must leave behind. A big reason why a lot of marriages or relationships fail is not only because God is not the head of it, but also because of the lack of respect that some men or women have for each other. I was having a conversation with a friend of mine and while we were talking, I noticed that every time I said something, she would say something back. It was like we were in competition with each other or her wits against mine. I didn't have any problems with her matching wits with me, but what she forgot was that she came to me for help and I was trying to help her. What God put on my heart is that a marriage or relationship is not a race or a competition, where someone has to win or loose. Instead its a partnership and can only work when the man or woman become one or a team. They must fight for each other instead of fighting, against each other and they also must encourage each other instead of criticizing. Never allow anyone outside of your marriage or relationship effect whats going on inside of it. Also as man or wife one must build up their spouse instead of tearing them down. This reminds me of something a old woman once told me," You don't build a house to just to tear it down, but instead you add to it , improve it and make it your own".Therefore love your spouse with all your might and treat them like your King or Queen. There are just somethings that you are required to do while in a relationship or marriage and there are things that you don't. Do what you need to keep your marriage or family together and don't do the silly or stupid things that may tear it apart. The do's and the don'ts.
Have a blessed day,
Charles
Psalm 20:1 For the director of music. A psalm of David. May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.

Psalm 22:8 "He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."
Psalm 145:20 The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment