Translate

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Two Wrongs



I remember when I was younger , how my mother hated it when my brothers, sisters and I would  fussed, fight or would argue. She would scream," That is your brother or your sister and blood is thicker than water!" Then she would explain to me, my brothers or sisters that the day will come when we might need each, other in the future and when the whole world has turned its back on us at least we had was each other. She would say," Children always remember that blood is thicker than water, no matter what you guys go through you will always be connected because you are brothers, sisters and its your blood that binds you all together". But as any young child would always do, looked at my mother with a very sad face then said "Momma, they hit me, so I hit them back". Then she looked at me under her glasses, with a very angry look and said," Two Wrongs don't make a right". Then I looked at my mother with tears in my eyes, also with a very confused look and then she went on to say," Chuck you wouldn't jump off the bridge if you saw you brother doing it would you?' I shook my head and said no. Then she said , Chuck just because someone does something bad, hurts your feelings or does something wrong to you, doesn't give you the right to strike back or do the same thing. If you do what your brother, sister or someone else has done to you, then you are no better than they are! Be the better man , besides that you are the oldest and I expect more from you!

As I grew older, I tried to take my mothers advice, when somebody did something wrong to me or tried to hurt me, I would do my best to turn the other cheek. Even in the Bible it speaks about turning the other cheek when someone strikes you.(Matthew 5:39 But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.) But as you know sometimes life can make it hard or in our minds  very difficult to hold up to those standards. Why you may ask? Well when we get into friendships, relationships and even marriages, many of us don't expect to be hurt or used while we are in them. Our friends, spouses, husbands or wives sometimes do things to us that are so difficult to handle emotionally or somethings that are very hard to forgive. Many times we can be pushed to the limit or as my late grandmother would say, In the corner. That's when many of us seek revenge or want to get back at those who hurt us.

I was told by a young lady who has been married for over six years, that when her husband cheated on her, that she wanted to get back at him, so she cheated too. Then I asked her, these questions, How did you feel after you did this? Did it make you feel better? She answered me by saying ,"Well, he hurt me Chuck and I wanted him to know how it felt. When I married this man it was until death do us part. But when he cheated on me with this woman, it really hurt me and on top of that he fathered an outside child. Now not only do I have to deal with this woman, I also have to deal with an outside child. After hearing this young lady explain to me her problems, I must admit first  I was kind of stuck and didn't have an answer. I mean, her husband cheating, then having an outside child. I could have taken the easy route by saying get a divorce, but if I did that then I would go against Gods word, because in this bible verse it clearly states that God hate divorce.( Malachi 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, says that he hates putting away: For one covers violence with his garment, says the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that you deal not treacherously.)

I could then tell that this young lady was confident that she was right and felt like it was okay to cheat on her husband. It was like she was saying to me without speaking or using words, "Okay man of God solve this problem". Yes I cheated on my husband, but so has he and he even has an outside child. What do you have to say to this? Then I said a very brief prayer and ask God to guide my thoughts or my words. Then I to asked her this question, "Do you still love your husband"? Then she smiled and said, "Yes I do very much, that is why we are still together and also why we haven't left each other". Then I asked her why was she still cheating on him? Then she said because he is still cheating on me and I don't know what else to do. Then I said, "You know two wrongs don't make a right and just because he has cheated on you doesn't give you the right to cheat too". Then I said , "Someone has to set an example and do the right thing". Talk to your husband and tell him that you are tired of the cheating, the lies or the games. Tell him that you forgive him and from this day forward you are willing to start over. Stop cheating then start praying, because through God all things are possible and never forget that Two Wrongs don't make a right. Become a blessing , never forsake your vows in order to please the flesh or man and always do things in your life to honor God. That's the problem these days, people are always seeking revenge when the bible clearly states that belongs to the Lord. Always leave those who seek or those who have harmed you in the hands of God, because," Two Wrongs don't make a right!"
Have a blessed evening,
Charles

Colossians 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do you.
Proverbs 19:11 A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Romans 15:7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment