Translate

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

As I think about this very special holiday, I can't help but remember how specials Sundays are in general to me anyway. I know that Easter Sunday, is the day that Jesus rose then latter went back to Heaven. But this day, is also special because of the tradition that he started so many thousands of years ago. When Jesus rose , he latter went to his disciples,after their shock, then latter relief they sat down and ate dinner together. This happen to be the very last meal they had together.(Luke 24:40-43 40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence. ) As I think about this last group of Bible Verses, I can't help but think about Sundays and how truly special they are. Jesus was crucified on Friday and rose early on Sunday with power in his hands. It didn't matter what happen to him during the week,because he over came it all to be reborn on Sunday. Jesus over came the humiliation, the suffering and the pain, so that we shall live and have a chance at every lasting life. Jesus lives, when others during that time wanted him to die. Its a constant reminder too me that it doesn't matter what happens during the week, as long as I make it to Sunday. All through out my life, I always looked forward to Sunday, many times for church so that I could be spiritually fed and other times for food because I knew, my mother or my late grandmother spent all Saturday night preparing a wonderful meal for Sunday. Then there are the worldly things that many of us enjoy, football, basketball, festivals, movies and other things we look forward to on Sundays. Easter Sunday, is more than just a holiday, its the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Gods son Jesus showed that a persons circumstance can change with time. One moment you could be doing bad or down on your luck and the next your life could be changed or resurrected for the better. As long as you made it to Sunday, you should know that you have survived another week and notched another victory with Gods son Jesus  by your side.
Happy Easter,
Charles
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Revelation 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

No comments:

Post a Comment