Translate

Friday, April 27, 2012

My Promise

God is so good all the time. As I think about this last sentence, I can't forget how good he has been to me , my family, children, grandchildren and I can't help but to be grateful for every last blessing that he has given me. God has been there for me through thick and then for better or for worse and has never forsaken me. Even when I wasn't worthy of a blessing God, has always been there. When I think about the words that I just wrote, I can't help but to think about the many times that I have disappointed him and not kept my end of the bargain. I know some may be puzzled by this last statement, to further explain, I was always told by my mother, that any relationship is a two way partnership. What this means to me is when you love someone and this person happens to be good to you, its your duty or obligation to keep your end of the bargain. In other words treat others the way you expect too be treated and if they treat you better than you have treated them, then show them that you appreciate them. What did I do wrong you may ask? Well , I didn't pray as much as I should, I didn't always go to church on Sundays and many times I have broken my promises with God. Many times when we pray, we ask God to help, heal , deliver us or provide us with a blessing and just like he always does he answers our prayers. The question is why can't we seem to keep our promises we make to God or have you ever made a promise to him that you never kept?
I know there may be some who read this and may ask how do they pay back or show God that they appreciate everything that he has done for them? After some thought, I've determined that giving back to God what he has given me or to his children is a hard act to follow. Its impossible to give God back or to even come close to what God has done or will do for each of us while we live. After thinking about this last statement, I find myself asking these questions; What could I or anyone give to a God who has everything? How can I repay him for his never ending love, for not ever leaving me or for the blessings? How can I show him that I appreciate him, love him and honor him for everything that he has done or will do in the future? When I thought about an answer to these questions, all I could do was remember what my mother once told me, she would say, Never to make a promise that you can't keep . In other words if you make a promise make sure you are capable of keeping it.
So here it is, my promise to you Lord is never to forget you, to always remember that its because of you that I live and anything that I accomplish is because you allowed it or made a way for it to happen. I know Lord that you answer prayers and from my own personnel experience, you have answered many. Lord no matter how high I go or how successful I may get I will never forget or forsake you, because its you that loves me unconditionally and I know many times that you have saved me, even from my self. My promise is to pray, even when I am not on my knees, to go to church even if its only on Sundays, to talk to you regularly even if it just a simple prayer. I promise to share my love and affection for you ,never too keep you to myself. To tell the whole world how good you have been to me and to tell others too that if they keep my promise they too will know, of your great love or sacrifice. I promise, my promise too you.
Have a great day,
Charles

Acts 17:27   That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away?

Acts 14:17 Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment