Translate

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Without Regrets


I was once told that, there are two things in the world that never lie, that's math or God. My father would always say, that there are two things man or woman can't ever prevent, that's getting older or dying. He would always say,"Son live life to the fullest and without regrets". As I think about these last three sentences, it reminds me of the conversation I once had with a good friend of mine. He was married for over twenty years and his wife was diagnosed with cancer. After the many chemo treatments ,she had been given only two weeks to live. He said this too me, "Charles you know, my wife was stronger than I was". After the doctor told us that my wife, had two weeks to live I went into the other room and began to cry. But my wife told me that she was ready to go and she was tired, I was amazed at her strength and bravery. Then she said to me, "That it was time to be with the Father and to stop crying because she was okay". Then she went on to say," Baby after I was diagnosed with cancer, we lived our lives to the fullest". We traveled the world , we ate at the finest restaurants and did everything that our hearts desired. We never held back. then we lived life as if it wasn't promised or without regrets. I am happy that we had the chance to live life that way, because without knowing when I could die, we instead knew that I would die, so we lived life to the fullest. I only wish that it didn't take a doctor to tell us about my condition, to make us live this way . Everyone should live their life as if there wasn't a tomorrow, because in fact that's what it is. None of us are promised tomorrow and what happen to me could also happen to others. I am just happy that I got to spend my last years, my last months, weeks or hours with you, the man I love without regrets and with Gods blessings. So baby, don't be sad , stop crying because I am happy and I know its my time to go.

After hearing this from my friend my heart went out to him and I told him how sorry I was for his lose. They were the perfect couple, both short, well mannered, soft spoken and God fearing people. It was a joy for me to be in their company. I would look at them with admiration and said, to myself, I hope one day too be as lucky as them. Two people so much in love  , that also loved life and also loved God. What more could a man or woman ask for? Living life to the fullest, without hesitation, without fear, without procrastination or without regrets. As I looked at my friend with a very sad face as he was about to go . He then said to me," Charles don't be feel bad for me or feel sympathy, because I am okay". My wife and I had a wonderful life, that was blessed by God. Do I miss my wife? Yes, I do. But we had a chance to do what so many people in my past and in the present didn't have a chance of experiencing. Living to the fullest without regrets and with God . If you are blessed enough to read this , please learn from this very important lesions. Never live life as if tomorrow is promised. Take chances, live life without fear, experience this beautiful world that God has created, seek love, go after your dreams and always live life to the fullest, without regrets as if there were  no tomorrow.
Have a blessed weekend,
Charles
Luke 12:15  And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses.
Ecclesiastes 2:10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor.

Ecclesiastes 6:12 For who knows what is good for a man in life, during the few and meaningless days he passes through like a shadow? Who can tell him what will happen under the sun after he is gone?

Ecclesiastes 7:15 In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these: a righteous man perishing in his righteousness, and a wicked man living long in his wickedness.
Ecclesiastes 9:9 Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of the life of your vanity, which he has given you under the sun, all the days of your vanity: for that is your portion in this life, and in your labor which you perform under the sun.


3 comments:

  1. As I read your post, I thought about my uncle and aunt, who had about the exact lifestyle, traveled, traveled and traveled and loved each other so much and was very giving, but she died of cancer about 7 years ago. I always envied their relationship. Now for almost 2 years he has remarried and found another wife and they do the same things together, I was so glad for him. I kniw too many people and couples who live
    "boring" lives, don't do anything to enjoy life for so msny different reasons. So sad. I'm thankful I am able to things I life to do and explore new things, however there are some who are not. Nice message, Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles, really good post enjoyed your inspirational though. It make you appreciate life, and be grateful for the time God allow you to spend here on earth. Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is food for the soul!!!!Great post

    ReplyDelete