Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Simple Words Or Phrases

My mother used to tell me, "Its not what you say,that makes a difference in peoples lives, but how you say it". All my life, I have heard many people say negative things to tear down their children, family members, their spouses and some employers even tear down their employees. In the end those harmful words end up destroying peoples lives. Some have been known too seek divorce, others don't associate with their family members and some even quit their jobs, because of the abuse or disgusting language. When I used to get bothered by this type of abuse from my former employer or from a former girlfriend. My mother would always comfort me by telling me to forgive them, because they don't know any better. She would explain to me that some people grow up in abusive homes and are trained mentally to be that way. Like my late grandmother would put it, You are only a product of your own environment and if you grow up around negative people chances are you will be that way when you grow up. That's why my parents always made it a point to say a simple word or phrase to make me or my siblings know that they loved us.

Everyday, we live our life without saying some simple words that could save our marriages, our friendships, improve our lives and encourage our children. The power of the spoken word is very powerful and instead of using some words to tear people down, we all should instead use words to build people up. So here are some of the words that, I know all of us know very well, but make little use of them. I love you; I care about you; I appreciate you; I know you can and thank you, are just some of the words we can say. But as you know some of us are so stuck on ourselves that we can't even say a simple hello or hi. Its almost like some people are afraid of giving or receiving complements and that's sad. If the were smart God fearing people then they would realize that,  positive thoughts  will produce positive results. The next time you tell your husband or wife that I love you and appreciate you, even for the smallest things it would  in fact make a huge difference in your life . It could improve your marriage, then you will gain more respect from your spouse and the love they feel for you will continue too grow stronger. If you show your husband or wife that they are worth something too you and then in return you will have a mate that's very appreciative of you. Just by saying some of those simple words. The same goes for you children or friends. It does not take much effort to say to your children or friends that you love them, appreciate them, keep up the good work, I am here for you, I know you can and when you need to talk I am always here for you. These simple words or phrases can make a persons day, encourage them or inspire them to be better people . With saying some positive words everyday to the people you know or love will not only be a blessing to them, but also will glorify God.
Have a Blessed day!!
Charles
Ezekiel 33:13 If I tell the righteous man that he will surely live, but then he trusts in his righteousness and does evil, none of the righteous things he has done will be remembered; he will die for the evil he has done.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
Peter 2:18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error.

No comments:

Post a Comment