Translate

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Second Chance

As I think about my life, I must say that I have had my share of good times and my share of bad times. The times in my life that I really appreciate the most is, when God our Father in Heaven has forgiven me for my many sins and despite my faults he still puts up with me. As sinners none of us want to talk about or admit the fact that we are not perfect and also that each of us has faults many of them hidden or unknown to others.Only God himself  knows of our many faults, sins or transgressions.(Psalm 139:12 Yes, the darkness hides not from you; but the night shines as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to you.) A lot of us are quick to criticize , talk about, then make fun of others when they fail , fall, commit a crime or when they fall from grace. To me its kind of amusing and sad that some of us take comfort in knowing that someone could loose everything or that they could go to jail for making a serious mistake. The question that I have for those who may judge is , Where would you be if God didn't give you a second, third, fourth and beyond a chance after your many failures, sins or unseen crimes? What if God didn't forgive you, where would you be then and how would you feel if God judged you as harshly as you or the rest world would judges others? I don't know about you, but I praise God daily and thank him everyday for forgiving a known sinner. He loves me despite my faults, sins or mistakes. All that he ask is that we his children forgive others as he has forgiven us all. When Jesus died , the bled on the cross, his very words were forgive them Father for they know not what they do. Question I have for you or to anyone that blessed enough to read this is , How do you expect to go to Heaven if you can't forgive or can't give those who may sin as many chances as God has given you.(Matthew 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.) Sometimes when people sin or make a mistake, all they need is a second chance.
Have a blessed night,
Charles
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

Matthew 11:26 Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Luke 22:42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

John 17:9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment