Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's Up God?

Have you ever wanted to ask God a question or have a conversation with him? Really? I am talking about a real conversation like two normal consenting adults. I know you may be saying to yourself, "Well if I wanted to ask him something, I would just ask him through prayer or I would ask my Pastor or Priest to speak to him on my behalf". But what I am talking about is a direct question that he would soon answer, just like Moses did back in his time. Sometimes when I read the Bible, I become a little envious, because despite all of our technology, our cell phones, I-pads, computers and other marvels from man, none of us have the ability to talk directly to God. There are no mountains to climb, no burning bushes or even angels to speak too our behalf. Our only connection is a brief minute or two on our knees when we pray to God and our hour or two in church on Sunday's. Of course many of us have Pastors, Priest or other type of religious leaders, but none of them have that same connection as past religious leaders had when there wasn't a need for such advance technology.

It makes one want to ask these question, What's up God? Why aren't you talking or saying anything directly to your believers? I know in your own way you speak to us or lead us where you would like us to go. But now we need you more than ever! I know that you are aware of the issues, the problems or troubles of the world today and I also understand that it is in your plan. (Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.) I know we are not suppose live our lives in fear, but the world we live in is kind of scary. Our world is in turmoil and there is so much pain, we need the mighty hand of Jesus to heal our pain. I know that no man or woman knows the hour or the day when your Son Jesus will grace us with his presence again, but we need you in this hour, this day and through our week as we all deal with our everyday pain. I know you are there God speak to us, lead us , heal this world, take away forever, the hate, the lies and pain. What's up God? I know you hear each of us in our prayers, lead us so we won't be led astray, into temptation and far away from sin. Besides my questions Lord, I would like to say thank you! I appreciate every blessing and opportunity you have given me. Thank you Jesus for providing for me even when I wasn't deserving of your blessings.
Have a blessed day,
Charles
Psalm 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 139:18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

Isaiah 25:1 O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.






No comments:

Post a Comment