Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012

Limits



I remember while growing up as a child, my mother and father would ask me this question," What did I want to be when I grow up"? As a child I was eager to answer their question, because just like any other child, I had so many dreams, hopes or desires and I truly believed that anything was possible. My parents to their credit never dispelled, my beliefs and always told me that if I put my mind to it then all things were possible. As they would put it, Charles there is nothing in the world that you can't accomplish, if you are willing to study, do the work and go after your dreams then you can do anything. Now that I am older all I can say is wow! Why you may ask? Well because the Bible says the very same thing (Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.) As a child, I never had the fears, that I now have as an adult and I truly believed that anything was possible. I didn't place limits on myself, because at the time I wasn't aware that I could fail. I think that is why when I was a child, I would put a sheet on the back of my shirt and try to fly, because just like superman, because I believed that I could.

 Now that I am older I wonder what happened to my youthful enthusiasm. If I could fault my parents for anything while they were raising me, it would be that they didn't teach me how to deal with failure or to never forget that even though we all get older we should always believe that all things are sill possible despite our age. That's why I am encouraging you, if you happen to be reading this at this hour, to never place barriers or limits on your life. Don't let or allow your age or current situation  keep from achieving your dreams, goals or desires. Go after them just as you did as a child and as the Bible says, fear nothing but God. For the Bible also says if a man or woman has faith then all things are truly possible through God. (Mark 9:23 "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes.") Limits are only there for those who don't believe and have place them on themselves.
Have a blessed night,
Charles
Matthew 21:21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

1 comment:

  1. Powerful word my brother in Christ!!! Thank you!!!May God continue to bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete